Monday, March 12, 2012

I heard my first robin today!


The snow is melting, the birds are returning, and the muddy season has arrived here in Northwest Wisconsin.  Six trumpeter swans flew over today, a sure sign of spring.  It's looking like it could be a very early ice-out on the local lakes if this mild weather continues.  So, today seems like the perfect day to display my spring blocks.  The first set of blocks I made spelled out "winter".  Each block was a 2 inch by 4 inch square.  These blocks are about 4 inches by 6 inches.  Shaun is wondering how big the Summer blocks will be.  I told him he might be surprised when he comes home someday and there are huge blocks of wood in the front yard.  Embellished and blinged up, of course!  I used MM Dilly Dally paper on the front of each block, cut the letters on my Cricut, and embellished with various spring bling.  Leave a comment if you have questions.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think spring is here (I hope). I love the blocks. Can't wait to see what else you do.

    Kathy (clayton528 on CropChocolate)

    ReplyDelete