Friday, April 6, 2012

Friends with Flair -- Unity fun on Friday

I made this card originally to use with the Kit of the Month sketch shown in myh previous post.  But, being the uncertain artist that I am, I thought maybe I had taken too much artistic license with it.  I turned the sketch upside down, & used a pocket instead of the scalloped border.  I'm new enough at this that I don't yet know what's acceptable and what isn't.  I would LOVE it if you would leave me feedback, explaining if there is a limit to how much you can "interpret" a sketch before you really aren't using the sketch at all anymore. 

So, instead of using this card for my KOTM challenge, I'll enter it in this week's Friends with Flair fun.  I used stamps exclusively from the July 2009 KOTM.  I hope you enjoy this simple but heartfelt card.

16 comments:

  1. It's a great card, and i just love the herringbone papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is a lovely card!! Love the sun peeking out from the pocket. A lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the patterned paper with these stamps. Super fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pocketful of sunshine! I am new to this too, so no advice on interpreting sketches. But great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! LOVE the sunshine in the pocket!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very FUN card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of the sun popping out of the pocket. And great choice on chevron patterns.
    Happy to hop over from FWF!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable! So fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What happy and sunny fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! Love the sun in the pocket, so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card! Makes my head swim looking at those chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card! Love the sun in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super adorable. LOVE how you filled the cute pocket with sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's really cute!
    What I love about sketches is that you never know where your inspiration will go with them...it could be one little thing that you springboard with...so, while I'm no expert, I'd say go with wherever it takes you. I love it when the finished project looks nothing like the sketch - that's what creativity is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this paper piecing!
    Great idea and great card

    ReplyDelete