Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm so glad it's Friday!

because that means it's time for Friends With Flair!  And I plan for FWF all week long.  This week, I have several projects to share with you -- a canvas and a couple simple cards.  First, the canvas:

My BFF is visiting for a few days.  I made this for her to take home with her and hang in her craft room.  I have had some Tim Holtz distress stains for awhile but never found time to try them out.  I used 3 of them on this canvas.  I also used Angie Blom's Listen to Your Heart stamp set, and a Unity Chicken Wire background stamp.  The heart in flight was blinged up a bit with Stickles.

The 2 cards are very similar, but have different washi tape and a different sentiment.  I'm enjoying using both spray inks and washi tape, so I used them both on these cards:



I used a Simple Stories stamp set to make the cards.   The 'So Blessed' card is going to a good friend who treated me to lunch on her deck overlooking the lake today.  The other one goes to my 90 year old mentor whom I have known and loved for years.   I try to send him a card every week.  He thinks I'm the most talented thing to walk this earth.  We all need a Milt in our lives.  He will laugh at this card! Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. First of all.. me too am glad is Friday... And TFS your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - Gorgeous canvas and super cute cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvas and the card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are amazing today! For the spray ink, did you spray from far away, or just spatter it onto the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them, especially that second card... I need to ink up that set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The canvas is fabulous! The cards are too cute. I need to ink that set up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two cards are hilariously cute! That stamp makes me laugh every time-good use of washi and sprinklings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your heart card. looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors of your canvas, very nice with the hearts. Thanks for your blog comment to me. You should try the Twinkling H2O's they are watercolors in little pots with some glimmer added, come in so many colors, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER cute stuff! Have fun with your BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours of your canvas - it looks like it was a lot of fun to make. Those cutie-pies are so adorable on the cards - love their faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic canvas and adorable cards!!! Love the colors you used for both projects! I am really loving the orange and blue...it really packs a punch! Your mentor will be thrilled with his card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects, and enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work! I have just recently decided to start using my hoard of washi tape. It is fun pretty stuff!

    Hope you are having a blast with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice projects. Love the real nature added into your scrapbook pages. The stick girl stamp just makes me giggle. Enjoyed viewing your blog!

    ReplyDelete