Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pinque Peacock News for Friends With Flair!

It's been an interesting week, but at least I have some great news to share.  My first week of vacation! Monday, I spent the day at work, taking a CPR course.  Not much of a vacation yet there.  Tuesday, 5am, I woke to a sick dog.  Sammy vomited ALL day Tuesday.  The only unusual thing we know of that he ate was one small Andes mint, and I got most of it out of his mouth!  Late Tuesday we took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with pancreatitis.  Not such a good second day of vacation.  Wed., day 3, Sammy seemed slightly better, so my husband and I traveled to the "big city" to do a little shopping and lunch.  Four hours later, when we returned home, we were faced with a totally vomit-filled kitchen, hallway, and bathroom from one end to the other.  Sammy had re-lapsed.  He was hospitalized from Wednesday afternoon until late Thursday.  When we were bringing him home, we noticed he was limping on his left front leg.  So, Friday, day 5, we took him back to the vet to see what happened to his leg.  They aren't admitting to anything, but didn't charge us for the visit and did give us some pain pills for the injury.  If this is vacation, I think I'd rather be at work!!  Today, my husband prepared the decks for staining, and tomorrow I'm going to spend the day staining decks.  How traumatic can that be?
Now, for my much more exciting news!!!When I started on the 3 Girl JAM design team last February, I became acquainted with Jessica Shelton-Buffa, a fellow designer.  I soon fell in love with her Pinque Peacock products AND Jess herself.  Jess is  all heart and energy -- what's NOT to love?  So, earlier this summer, when Pinque Peacock put out a design team call, I decided to apply. Today is the day I get to make it public that I'm one of the newest Pinque Peacocks!  Yea!  Can't wait to get my hands on those products and start designing!  In honor of the occasion, I created a card using some Pinque Peacock stickpins that I just "happened" to have!
 
 
I used a Pinque Peacock Angel Stick Pin on this card.  There's also a Unity Stamp set, "Moments in Bloom", Sweet Stamps "Fanciful Butterflies" set, 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon, My Mind's Eye 6x6 Indie Chic "Saffron" papers, and a crystal flourish from Close To My Heart. I used a water pen and ink on each butterfly to get the realistic effect.
There's an announcement today on the Pinque Peacock blog about all the new Pinquettes.
My husband and I both have next week off, too.  We're praying for a more relaxing, enjoyable week! Maybe I'll have some time to get crafty with my Pinque Peacock pretties!
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp -- anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge -- anything goes



10 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful team. I am looking forward to getting to know you! Love your beautiful card!
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have some great news to share! My dog's vomiting all over the house!
    You do know that is really funny, right? Not that the Sammy is sick, pancreatitis is nasty business, but that it followed the "great news".
    I hope Sammy makes a full recovery soon, the poor dog must have been miserable. I thought pancreatitis was caused by eating too much fat,not from mints. Live and learn!
    Your card is beautiful!
    Hope your second week of vacation is filled with truly great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing!!! Welcome to our crazy but fun team!!!! I am now a follower of your beautiful work!!!!
    Pinquette Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love your ribbon treatment and butterflies are my favorite!
    Sorry to hear about your vacation, not good!! We are having the same kind of week. I hope your doggie is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that Sammy gets better. Congrats on making the Pinque Peacock DT! There you go-off to the next DT! Lol ;-) Can't wait to see you "Strut your stuff!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following your work for a while as a fan of 3GJ, Julie...so very happy that you are now part of the Pinque Peacock team! You have a huge variety of talent... just reading your post about your "vacation" made my head spin! Hope your sweet Sammy is better by now. Looking forward to working with you and getting to know you a bit more!
    Happy Monday!!
    ~Donna K @ Created by Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your exciting news! Great card! So glad you joined us at Sister Act this week!
    Trisha-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie my dear friend! Congrats on being a Pinque Peacock. You have talent and can't wait to see more from you. Hope Sammy is getting better

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

    Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Julie :-) the whole shabby chic design is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete