Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring Butterflies are Here!

Hello, and happy Tuesday, everyone!  Spring is being very slow in coming here in NW WI.  In fact, we're having snow showers again today.  I'm afraid the only butterflies around are those I create myself on paper.  This is the last week for this term with The Cutting Cafe, so we can make anything we wanted.  Thinking spring, I decided to make this:


I used the Butterfly Shaped Card template and cutting file from The Cutting Cafe.   I re-sized the butterfly a couple times to get the smaller layers. 
The papers on this card are from My Mind's Eye Collectible.  The sentiment is from a Close To My Heart stamp set.  I used a Creative Memories heart punch.  The pearls are from my stash.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my 2 terms with Regina and The Cutting Cafe.  The experience has been very rewarding. And, fortunately for me, Regina is changing the structure of her team so I will be able to continue.  See you next week!!!! Yeehaw!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sister Act Card Challenge -- ATG\
Crafty Calendar Challenge -- Things with Wings (butterfly)
Wedodoobadoo Challenge -- Embellish It
A Creative Need -- Signs of Spring
Craftitude Challenge -- ATG or Spring
Get Inky Challenge blog -- Crafty die cuts
Polkadoodle Challenge -- Springtime
Scrappin4Fun Challenges -- Use Stamp or Digi Image
Stamping With the Dragon -- Springtime

12 comments:

  1. When we don't have spring...we create it! Beautiful butterfly my dear...I hope that one day soon you will see live ones fluttering around your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous butterfly...love everything you do...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layered butterflies. Thanks for linking your card with us at Sister Act this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layered butterfly card. I like the papers you used & the pearl accents, I hope you get some spring up your way soon. =) Thank you for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge.

    ~Beth – Get Inky! DT Coordinator
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly! Thank you for joining in the A Creative Need challenge this month.
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful butterfly with those pretty papers, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Thank you for entering the Stamping with the dragon challenge...good luck! Debbi (Stamping Dragon Designs, design Team member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Julie!!! What a GREAT card! It definitely makes me think "Spring". :) Thanks for joining us over at Get Inky! challenge for our "die cut" challenge!

    Kathy Get Inky! DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the butterfly layers. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful combo of papers, colors and embellishments. Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and don't forget to come back tomorrow for a brand new theme.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely butterfly, love the layering
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete